THE DARING WAY™: working with shame & shame resilience
A 2-Day CEU workshop for Counselors and Social Workers
April 28-29, 2018
Saturday and Sunday from 9-5 each day.
4308 Carlisle Blvd NE, Suite 209, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Early Bird by April 13, 2018: $370.00 (*Includes 13 CEUs)
After April 13, 2018: $395.00
The Daring Way™ curriculum is based on 16 years of research by Brené Brown, PhD. LMSW. Dr. Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. This method has been shown to be highly effective in clinical settings with individuals, couples families, and groups. In this workshop, presenters will explore topics such as vulnerability, boundaries, shame, shame resilience, and worthiness. Attendees will examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that interfere with successful treatment of shame, and identify new choices and practices that move patients into healthy self esteem, and successful recovery from anxiety, depression, eating disorders, rage, and addictions.
Brené Brown is the author of four #1 New York Times Bestsellers, and her groundbreaking research has been featured on PBS, NPR, CNN, as well as Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul Sunday. Brene’s TED Talk, “The Power of Vulnerability” is one of the top 5 most viewed TED Talks in the world, with over 30 million views. This research has been presented all over the world, and this will be the first time it will be offered in New Mexico.
1. Review the Daring Way™ methodology and the research from which it derives.
2. Develop an in-depth understanding of shame and how it can emerge as an obstacle to prevent clients from progressing in therapy.
3. Examine how therapists’ shame can interfere with therapy outcomes.
4. Recognize the physical manifestations of shame in the body.
5. Explore practical skills for shame resilience.
6. Apply methods such as creativity and gratitude to heal shame.
7. Complete exercises individually, in pairs, and in the group using the Daring Way™ techniques, approaches, and perspectives which will deepen their work with clients.
The combination of Brené Brown’s impactful, research-based model, and Renee Sievert and Sherry Courtney’s engaging, warm, and thought-provoking approach will contribute to a rich, transformative experience. About Renee and Sherry.
This will be a fairly intimate group, with a maximum of 14 participants.
For more information, and to register, you can either submit the Contact Us form on this website, or you can call Sherry Courtney at (505) 837-2100, ext. #2.
To view and download the flyer, click here.
*This workshop has been approved for 13 CEUs by the New Mexico Counseling & Therapy Practice Board.
**Please note: Attendance at this workshop does not mean you are being trained or certified in The Daring Way™ and you cannot promote yourself as a CDWF-Candidate or CDWF. To learn more about The Daring Way certification process, go to www.thedaringway.com.